The following should help you to see the ‘Citrix way’ of how to properly publish an application with Citrix Presentation Server 4.5. It will probably be of most help on the 1Y1-456 and 1Y0-259 exams.
1. Open the Access Management Console from the Windows Start menu (Start > All Programs > Citrix > Management Consoles > Access Management Console).
2. Expand the Citrix Resources node and then expand the Presentation Server node.
3. Expand the desired farm node and right-click the Applications node.
4. Click New > Published Application.
5. Click Next on the Welcome screen.
6. Type a name in the ‘Display name’ field. This name will specify the published application’s name.
7. Optionally, you may type a description in the ‘Application description’ field. Click Next.
8. Click Application because you are publishing an application. The other choices are Server Desktop and Content.
9. Choose whether the application will be ‘Accessed from the server’, ‘Streamed if possible, otherwise access from the server’, or ‘Streamed to the client’.
10. Choose the alternate application delivery method. Here you can provide access to an application already installed on servers, schedule an Installation Manager package for installation on the server and grant users access to the application that is in the package, or stream an application to servers so that users can open the application through an ICA connection.
11. Choose the desired published application by clicking Browse at the ‘Command line’ field and navigating to the executable file for that application. Click OK.
12. Specify the working directory by using the directory where the application is installed or specifying a different working directory.
13. If desired, associate the application with an application isolation environment.
14. On the Servers screen, click Add to add the servers that will host the published application. Click Next.
15. Select which type of users will be provided access to the published application – Anonymous or configured users only.
16. Add user accounts either by selecting the Citrix User Selector (including Active Directory, Novell Directory Services, Windows NT, local servers, and Citrix built-in groups) or the Operating System User Selector (this option allows groups outside of the server farm and does not allow Novell Directory Services or Citrix built-in groups). Click Next.
17. Choose whether the application should be made available immediately or if it should be disabled for now. Also, organize the published application and configure advanced settings before publishing it.
Using this method of publishing an application should help you for application publishing-specific questions on the 1Y1-456 or 1Y0-259 exams.
[tags]Citrix, Presentation Server 4.5, Published Application, 1Y0-259, 1Y1-456[/tags]